1. Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right. (the definition of a sheeple)
2. A significant minority of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.
3. Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger. (especially true for younger humans that are still developing their self-esteem)
4. Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not seemed to help the average person become any wiser.
5. Anything and everything can and will be politicized and/or manipulated by the media, government, and those who trust them.
6. Too many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.
7. Most people believe their government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government. What is even more crazy is that the few who really do act in the best interests of their constituents become the fodder of relentless leftist criticism.
8. Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather continue to be wrong, than admit they were wrong.
9. Training and conditioning human behavior is relatively easily for those humans who have rejected absolute truth.
10. When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.
11. People who are dismissed as "conspiracy theorists" are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.
12. Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said "safety" is merely an illusion.
13. Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to "normal."
14. A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.
15. "The Science" has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.
16. Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.
17. Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries have largely become corrupt. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.
18. If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.
19. Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.
20. It's easier to fool a person than to convince them they have been fooled. (Mark Twain said this)